A. SPECIAL STUDIES
1. Development of Lifting Beam (Spreader) in order to give the ability to parallelize two or more cranes or booms for increasing their lift in capacity. In four (4) vessels four 15 Tonnes Cranes were parallelized having as a result the increasement of their lifting capacity to 55 Tonnes. In one (1) vessel with speed type derrick booms two (2) of 25 T were parallelized to 50 Tonnes. System is approved by LRS & CARGO GEAR BUREAU.
2. L K-TYPE vessels (20 vessels) Improvement of stack weight of Hatch Covers from 25 Tonnes up to 60 Tonnes. Construction of a special REMOVABLE FOUNDATION in order to increase the container intakes in No.2 & 5 Holds. This gives the ability to develop the foundation from ships side to the Hold in order to accommodate containers. This foundation in case of General Bulk Cargo, in order not to be an obstacle inside the Hold, is moved simply by pulling a wire rope by a crane and is immediately accommodated at ships side. Approved by LRS.
3. CARGO GEAR IMPROVEMENT FOR FORTUNE TYPE VESSELS Lifting Capacity in four out of five cranes was increased from 10t SWL to 20t SWL. Approved by ABS Piraeus
4. S-TYPE VESSELS (4-vessels) Increase of container Stack Weight on Tank-Top & Hatch Covers. Approved by LRS.
5. CONTAINER INTAKE IMPROVEMENT FROM 420 TEU TO 702 TEU by increasing the stack weight on Deck & Hatch Covers from 2 Tonnes to 45 Tonnes & increase of stack weight in Holds on Tank Top from 89 Tonnes to 120 Tonnes. Approved by DNV-OSLO.
6. CONTAINER INTAKE IMPROVEMENT FROM 450TEU TO 601TEU with parallel increase of stack weight on Deck & Hatch Covers up to 45 Tonnes. Construction of special removable foundations IWO Hold No.2 in order to increase the intake containers Capacity. Approved by LRS.
7. CONTAINER IMPROVEMENT FROM 380TEU up to 525TEU with increase of stack weight on Deck & Hatch Coamings from 25 Tonnes to 45 Tonnes. Approved by LRS-London
8. CTL CHEMICAL VESSEL DUE TO FIRE ON ENGINE ROOM Attendance of reconstruction. Shafting Realignment. Studies & Construction approved by B.V. Piraeus
9. NEW BUILDING PROJECT OF DWT: 40.000T Improvement of vessel out of standard contract as follows (a) 9000 M3 on Deck Timber (b) and 1074 TEU. All studies & Improvements approved by LR-London. Vsl finally approved for Construction as MULTIPURPOSE by LRS
10. IMPROVEMENT OF CARGO GEAR Ten derrick booms per vessel from 5 Tonnes to 10 Tonnes SWL. i.e. 100% increase in Lifting Capacity. Approved by B.V. Paris
11. CRANE IMPROVEMENT Increase of lifting capacity from 10 Tonnes SWL to 15 Tonnes SWL. Approved by B.V. Piraeus
12. FOUNDATIONS Special design of pedestal with flange for crane working at 40 Tonnes. Design of foundation and installation drawings, including the corresponding vibration analysis and/or shafting alignment for Generator Engines & Main Engines. Approved by ABS, BV, LRS, and DNV.
13. HULL REASSESSMENTS Approved by ABS-Piraeus.
14. EMERGENCY TOWING SYSTEM STUDIES. Over seventy (70) studies for “Structural Details for Installation” have been approved until now.
FOR ALL THE ABOVE STUDIES SPECIAL SOFTWARE FOR FINITE BEAM ELEMENT ANALYSIS IN 2D & 3D WAS DEVELOPED IN OUR OFFICE, THUS TAKING ADVANTAGE THE ABILITIES OF MATERIALS WORKING AT LIMIT STRESSES.ALL DRAWING REQUIRED FOR ABOVE STUDIES ARE CREATED BY USING AUTO-CAD.
15. All conventional Naval Architecture Studies & Drawings can be undertaken.
16. SOPEP & SMPEP.
17. CARGO SECURING MANUAL
18. FIRE PLANS & LIFE SAVING PLANS Using the new IMO symbols.
19. FIRE FIGHTING TRAINING, MAINTENANCE & OPERATIONAL MANUALS.
According to the new SOLAS Amendments 2000.
20. CONTAINER VESSEL (2200 TEU) CELL GUIDES MODIFICATION.
Improvement of containers stowage plan by modifying the cell guides in order
to combine accommodation of 20’ & 40’ containers. Approved by NKK.
21. DEEPER DRAFT ASSIGNMENT (47,000 DWT to 50,000 DWT)
Deeper Draft Calculation in order to increase vessel’s Deadweight i.e.
Load Line Calculation, Damage Stability Calculation, Scantling Draft Strength
calculation at deeper draft, preparation of Stability booklet addendum and new
Capacity Plan. Approved by Korean Register.
B. SOFTWARE DEVELOPED IN OUR OFFICE
Shipload is a PC-based fully interactive computer powerful vessel’s Loading Instrument with advanced functions and facilities, which assist ships operators in carrying out ideal load planning. The program calculates the final condition of the vessel i.e. drafts & trim, intact & grain stability results and diagrams, as well as the Bending Moments induced towards the hull. Tools like Deadweight Scale, Draft Survey, Auto-Trim facility and Instructions for handling heavy cargoes are included within the program in order to assist the operator in making the optimum decision during the loading/unloading operation. Shipload has been installed in a huge number of shipping companies and onboard their vessels.
A user-friendly software diagnostic tool for Analysis of Marine Diesel Engines crankshaft deflection measurements. Useful for superintendent engineers in determining whether replacement of Main Bearings and/or realignment is required. Indicates either the Vertical or Horizontal misalignment. Type Approved by Germanischer Lloyd. (No. 43 142 – 02HH).
3. IACS UR S31
A specialized software program which in connection with the Ultrasonic Thickness Measurements analyzes the compliance of the existing framing structure with the criteria of the UR S31, and calculates the optimum solution avoiding delays and minimizing the steelwork.
Applies to all bulk carriers coming into force from 1st January 2003.
4. IACS UR S30
C. ULTRASONIC THICKNESS MEASUREMENT SURVEYS UNDER NEW IACS REGULATIONS
In view of changing regulations with regards to Annual Close up Surveys our Company is currently employing qualified operators ready to travel within the shorter of notices and twelve modern gauging instruments, Gauging Survey Report in table format is produced on board using portable computers and printers.
In addition our company is approved by :BV, ABS, DNV, LRS, GL, HELLENIC REGISTER, PRS, RINA, NK.