As you are already aware,the new EU MRV Regulation 757/2015 related to monitoring, reporting and verification of carbon dioxide CO2emissions from the ships is already into force as of 1st July 2015 and its implementation shall commence as of 31st August 2017.
This new regulation applies to ALL vessels greater than 5,000 GT regardless of their flag, class , port of registry or home port which are employed even in one or more commercial voyages to/ from / between European Union ports including Norway and Iceland.
In order to comply with the new regulation and avoid penalties and possible Detentions of your ships when calling at European ports, you will need to carry-out following:
- Until 31st August 2017 at the latest you must prepare for each one of your ships ,a ship’s specific Monitoring Plan (describing how the required data are collected on board and including company’s procedures).The Monitoring Plan must be submitted until 31st August 2017 to an accredited verifier of your choice for Verification and Approval.
- As from 1st January 2018 in accordance with the Monitoring Plan you will have to monitor on a per-voyage basis the amount of CO2 emitted by each of your vessels on voyages to/ from/ between EU ports.
- On 31st December 2018 you must prepare the annual CO2 Emissions Report of each ship and submit it latest by 30th April 2019 to an accredited verifier of your choice for verification and approval. This cycle will then be repeated for each subsequent year after 2018.
Therefore for each ship the critical dates to timely comply with the new regulation are as follows:
You note that only five(5) months still remain until the first legal deadline of compliance with the MRV regulation on 31st August 2017.
Our company ARS Co, holds all technical expertese for the implementation of this new EU MRV Regulation & constantly monitor the latest developments and updates. In order to assist your company to timely comply with all above requirements in a reliable, time-efficient and cost effective manner we offer the following services :
- In order to identify any gaps between the current practices and the existing documentation ,operations and procedures followed by your company vs the requirements of the EU MRV Regulation , we can carry-out a Gap analysis as required .
- We can develop for each ship of your company the ship’s specific Monitoring Plan (MP) including all required information regarding the ship’s emission sources , the procedures for calculating the fuel consumption and the determination of the activities per voyage etc .
- We can submit the Monitoring Plan to the verifier of your choice and will take all required actions until its final verification and approval
- We may also train your Company’s Staff in order to retrieve, transmit and handle all the required information which should be monitored as from 1/1/2018 for the preparation of the annual Emission Report for each subsequent year after 2018.In order to avoid the "bottleneck" which will definitively occur during the imminent forthcoming short " months period", we would urge you to act now and take a chance to contact us for further information or a meeting.
We will be pleased to answer your questions and provide you with functional and efficient solutions in order to minimize the work load and time of your crews onboard and of your office staff ashore.